ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager
Why should you attend?
The ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager training course helps participants develop their competences to support an organization create and protect value by managing risks, making decisions, and improving performance using the ISO 31000 guidelines. It provides information regarding the core elements and the effective implementation of a risk management framework, the application of the risk management process, and the actions necessary for the successful integration of these elements to meet organizational objectives. Furthermore, it provides guidance on the selection and application of techniques for assessing risks in a wide range of situations.
Upon completion of the training course, participants can sit for the exam and apply to obtain the “PECB Certified ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager” credential. The credential demonstrates that the participant possesses the theoretical and practical knowledge and professional capabilities to support and lead risk management processes based on ISO 31000 guidelines and best practices in this field.
Who should attend ISO 31000?
- Risk directors, managers, officers
- Individuals responsible for the creation and protection of value in organizations
- Top management members who seek guidance on how risk management should be integrated at a strategic level
- Individuals responsible for risk management processes
- Individuals interested in risk management
Learning objectives of ISO 31000 LRM
By the end of this training course, the participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of risk management principles, as formulated in ISO 31000
- Establish, maintain, and continually improve a risk management framework, in accordance with ISO 31000 guidelines
- Apply the risk management process, in accordance with ISO 31000 guidelines
- Plan risk recording and reporting processes, as well as risk communication activities
- Monitor, review, and improve the risk management framework and process based on the outcomes of risk management activities
- The training course is based on theory and best practices used in risk management.
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical examples and scenarios.
- Participants are encouraged to communicate and engage in discussions and exercises.
- The exercises are similar in structure with the certification exam questions.
A fundamental understanding of the risk management framework, process, and principles.
- Day 1: Introduction to ISO 31000 and risk management
- 2 Day : Establishing the risk management framework and initiating the risk management process
- Day 3: Risk analysis, risk evaluation, and risk treatment according to ISO 31000
- 4 Day : Recording and reporting, monitoring and review, and communication and consultation according to ISO 31000
- Day 5: Certification exam
- The “PECB Certified ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager” exam complies with the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of risk management
- 2 Domain : Establishing the risk management framework
- Domain 3: Initiating the risk management process and assessing risks
- 4 Domain : Risk treatment
- Domain 5: Risk recording and reporting
- 6 Domain : Risk monitoring and review
- Domain 7: Risk communication and consultation
- For specific information about exam type, languages available, and other details, please visit the List of PECB Exams and the Examination Rules and Policies.
- After successfully passing the exam, you can apply for the respective credential. You will receive the certificate once you comply with all the requirements of this certification. For more information about the certification, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
- The requirements for the “PECB Certified ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager” certifications are:
Credential Exam Professional experience Risk Management experience Other requirements PECB Certified ISO 31000 Provisional Risk Manager PECB Certified ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager Exam or equivalent None None Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO 31000 Risk Manager PECB Certified ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager Exam or equivalent Two years: One year of work experience in Risk Management Risk Management activities: a total of 200 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager PECB Certified ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager Exam or equivalent Five years: Two years of work experience in Risk Management Risk Management activities: a total of 300 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO 31000 Senior Lead Risk Manager PECB Certified ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager Exam or equivalent Ten years: Seven years of work experience in Risk Management Risk Management activities: a total of 1,000 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics
To be considered a valid risk management experience, the risk management activities should follow best risk management practices and include the following:
- Defining a risk management approach
- Designing and implementing an overall risk management process for an organization
- Defining risk evaluation criteria
- Identifying assets, existing measures, risk sources, and consequences
- Assessing risk consequences and incident likelihood
- Evaluating risk levels and risk treatment options
- Assessing residual risk
- Communicating the risk
- Performing risk management review
- Certification and examination fees are included in the price of the training course
- Training course materials containing over 400 pages and practical examples will be distributed to participants.
- An attestation of course completion of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to the participants who have attended the training course.