ISO 31000 Foundation
Why should you attend?
The ISO 31000 Foundation training course presents the basic principles and approaches of managing risks and opportunities based on the guidelines of ISO 31000. This training course focuses on the main components of ISO 31000: basic terms and definitions, principles of risk management, risk management framework, and risk management process. In addition, each step of the risk management process is analyzed and elaborated individually.
Upon completion of the training course, you can sit for the exam and apply to obtain the “PECB Certificate Holder in ISO 31000 Foundation” designation. The certificate demonstrates that you understand the fundamental concepts of risk and methodologies for risk management based on the guidelines of ISO 31000.
Who should attend ISO 31000 Foundation?
- Individuals involved in risk management
- Also individuals seeking to gain knowledge of risk management principles, framework, and process
- Moreover individuals seeking to manage the risks and opportunities in their areas of responsibility
- Individuals interested in pursuing a career in risk management
Upon successful completion of this training course, the participants will be able to:
- Summarize the main concepts and principles of risk management as articulated in ISO 31000
- Explain the ISO 31000 guidelines for establishing the risk management framework
- Describe the application of the risk management process in accordance with ISO 31000 guidelines
ISO 31000 Foundation Educational Approach
The training course is participant centered and contains:
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with graphics, examples, and discussions
- Interactions between participants by means of questions and suggestions
- Quizzes with similar structure to the exam
There are no prerequisites to participate in this training course.
- Day 1: Introduction to risk management, ISO 31000 components, and initiation of the risk management process
- 2 Day: Risk assessment, risk treatment, recording and reporting, monitoring and review, and communication and consultation according to ISO 31000
- The exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). It covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of risk management
- Domain 2: Risk management framework and risk management processFor specific information about exam type, languages available, and other details, please visit the List of PECB Exams and the Examination Rules and Policies.
Certificate requirements for ISO 31000
First, a candidate needs to complete the PECB ISO 31000 Foundation training course. Then, they need to take the exam and after successfully passing the exam, candidates will be able to apply for the “PECB Certificate Holder in ISO 31000 Foundation” certificate. This is an entry-level credential.
There are no prerequisites on professional or management system project experience required. Thus, following the training course, passing the exam and applying for the certificate are the only certificate program requisites that certificate holders shall meet before obtaining the certificate.
For more information, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The certificate requirements are:
|Designation||Training Course||Exam||Professional experience||Risk Management experience||Other requirements|
|PECB Certificate Holder in ISO 31000 Foundation||Complete the PECB ISO 31000 Foundation Training Course||Pass the PECB ISO 31000 Foundation exam||None||None||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
- Certificate and examination fees are included in the price of the training course.
- PECB will provide over 200 pages of instructional materials containing explanations, guidance, and practical examples.
- An attestation of course completion worth 14 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued.
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free.