ISO 31000 Risk Manager Training
Why should you attend?
The ISO 31000 Risk Manager training course helps participants acquire the knowledge necessary and ability to integrate the risk management guidelines of ISO 31000 in an organization. It provides information with regard to the risk management principles and their application, as well as the core elements of the risk management framework and steps for a risk management process. In addition, it provides the basic approaches, methods, and practices for assessing risk in a wide range of situations.
Upon completion of the training course, you can sit for the exam and apply to obtain the “PECB Certified ISO 31000 Risk Manager” credential. The credential demonstrates your knowledge and ability to apply the risk management process in an organization based on the guidelines of ISO 31000 and best practices.
Who should attend?
- Managers or consultants responsible for the effective management of risk in an organization
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge about the risk management principles, framework, and process
- Individuals responsible for the creation and protection of value in their organizations
- Individuals interested in pursuing a career in risk management
By the end of this training course, the participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of risk management principles, as formulated in ISO 31000
- Establish, maintain, and continually improve a risk management framework, in accordance with ISO 31000 guidelines
- Apply the risk management process, in accordance with ISO 31000 guidelines
- The training course is based on theory and best practices used in risk management.
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical examples.
- The participants are encouraged to communicate and engage in discussions and exercises.
- The exercises are similar in structure with the certification exam questions.
A fundamental understanding of ISO 31000 and comprehensive knowledge of risk management
Day 1: Introduction to ISO 31000 and risk management and establishing the risk management framework
Day 2: Initiation of the risk management process and risk assessment based on ISO 31000
Day 3: Risk treatment, recording and reporting, monitoring and review, and communication and consultation according to ISO 31000
- The “PECB Certified ISO 31000 Risk Manager” exam complies with the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of risk managementDomain 2: Establishing the risk management frameworkDomain 3: Application of the risk management process
For specific information about exam type, languages available, and other details, please visit the List of PECB Exams and the Examination Rules and Policies.
- Having successfully passed the exam, you can apply for the respective credential. You will receive the certificate once you comply with all the requirements of this certification. For more information about the certification, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.The requirements for the “PECB Certified ISO 31000 Risk Manager” certifications are:
Credential Exam Professional experience Risk Management experience Other requirements PECB Certified ISO 31000 Provisional Risk Manager PECB Certified ISO 31000 Risk Manager exam or equivalent None None Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO 31000 Risk Manager PECB Certified ISO 31000 Risk Manager exam or equivalent Two years: One year of work experience in Risk Management Risk Management activities: a total of 200 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics
To be considered valid risk management experience, the activities should follow best risk management practices and include the following:
- Identifying assets, existing measures, risk sources, and consequences
- Assessing risk consequences and incident likelihood and determining the risk level
- Evaluating risk levels and risk treatment options
- Selecting risk treatment options, developing a risk treatment plan, and evaluating residual risk
- Accepting the risk treatment plan and the residual risk
- Certification and examination fees are included in the price of the training course
- Training course materials containing over 300 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed to participants.
- An attestation of course completion of 21 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to the participants who have attended the training course.
- If you fail the exam, you can retake the exam once for free within 12 months following the initial exam date.