Program Objectives !
- Understand the foundation in all the components of Islamic banking and finance, including contract jurisprudence, financial management, and risk control.
- Specialize in the Shariah principles for Islamic finance, and implement the strategic processes in Islamic banks and Investment organizations.
- Gain extensive knowledge of Islamic finance practice, as well as skills to implement financial instruments and services in financial institutions.
- Develop a strong foundation in business management principles and practices, and apply these concepts and techniques to the IFIs.
What is an Masters in Islamic Banking and Finance?
The Islamic finance industry has been expanding rapidly because of its strong transparency and real profit-loss sharing concept. According to recruiters, demand for skilled professionals is seeing a 21% increase in both Muslim and non-Muslim countries. Knowing exactly what employers are seeking today, AIMS designed the online Masters in Islamic banking and finance program to produce top executives for the Islamic finance market.
Our program has a long history of producing successful Islamic finance professionals. Our Master of Islamic banking and finance graduates provide solid skills and function as leaders in establishing and managing Islamic finance firms. Students are educated in a balanced mixture of theory and practice, and they learn how to apply their Islamic finance degree to the real world.
Who Should Pursue a Masters in Islamic Banking and Finance?
Our masters in Islamic banking and finance program is beneficial if you are:
- Someone seeking a position in the Shariah-compliant financial services industry.
- Already employed in the financial services business but seeking to transition into Islamic banking and finance.
- Seeking salary increases or better position at work, or desire to join a better company.
What is the Job Outlook for Islamic Banking and Finance Graduates?
The program significantly increases your career prospects in the Islamic banking and finance industry. Based on your prior experience, you may secure the following positions:
Islamic Finance Consultant
After completing the MBA, you may start your own consultancy firm. You may provide advisory services to Islamic financial institutions in Islamic banking, Islamic finance, takaful, Islamic microfinancing, and Sukuk.
Head of Product Development
You can research and develop financial products in accordance with Islamic law, as well as ensure that existing ones are compliant with Shariah principles.
After completing the masters in Islamic finance, you may become a Shariah Auditor if you have sufficient knowledge and educational background in Islamic Fiqh. You will ensure that all financial transactions adhere to Islamic principles and that all products and services provided by the institution are in compliance with Shariah law.
Risk Specialist (Islamic Finance)
After completing the program, you can manage and reduce the risk associated with Islamic financial services and products. You can ensure that the products and services being offered are compliant with Shariah laws and that their risk management is consistent with Islamic principles. In this role, you will need to have a strong understanding of both financial risk management and Shariah law.
Head of Operations (Islamic Bank)
Upon earning the Masters in Islamic finance online, you may become the Head of Operations for an Islamic bank. You may manage and supervise daily operations and make sure all departments are running smoothly and that the bank is adhering to Islamic Shariah law.
Islamic Financial Manager
As an Islamic Financial Manager, you will ensure that the financial affairs of an Islamic organization are managed in accordance with Islamic law. This includes overseeing the investment of funds, the management of accounts, and the administration of financial transactions.
Students complete six business management core courses (18 credit hours) and seven concentration courses (21 credit hours) in Islamic banking and finance, as well as a real-world project (6 credit hours) during the MBA program.
- Upon finishing Semester-I, students are awarded the Certified Islamic Banker (CIB) and Certified Islamic Finance Expert (CIFE) certifications.
- When you complete Semester-II, students are awarded the Master Diploma in Islamic Finance (MDIF) and Certified Takaful Professional (CTP) certifications.
- Upon completion of all 4 Semesters, 48 credit hours of MBA in Islamic Banking and Finance degree is awarded.
How Can You Earn the Masters in Islamic Finance Online?
If you decide to pursue an MBA with a concentration in Islamic Banking and Finance from AIMS, you’ll attend flexible online classes. Once you’re enrolled, you’ll be able to make a personalized study plan. It is simple and convenient to study through our e-learning program. Professionals with busy schedules may choose to take courses at times that suit them.
The educational resources include interactive and illustrated lectures, extensive online manuals, and an Islamic finance e-library. You may submit your online assignments whenever you have time, and you may take the online test when it is convenient for you.
You may apply online if you meet the requirements. Within 48 hours of receiving your application, you will receive login details if you qualify.
STEP-2: STUDY ONLINE
With your online student portal, you can access study resources once you are enrolled in the program. Students pursuing a Masters in Islamic finance online can access e-lectures, e-manuals, assignments, an e-library, and the faculty. Using these multiple study resources, you can develop your skills. You can study at your own pace and submit your assignments at times convenient to you.
STEP-3: PASS AND GRADUATE
An exam, which is taken at the end of each semester, measures your understanding and abilities in the subject you’re studying. Exam questions are MCQs and final results are calculated from exam grades and coursework. You’ll receive a copy after grading is finished that indicates how well you’ve done. To earn an Masters in Islamic banking and finance, you must score 65% on the exam, and the typical student averages 87%.
At a Glance:
|Mode of Study||Online and Self paced learning.|
|Average Duration||12 months.|
|Study Resources||Online Interactive lectures.
Comprehensive Study manuals.
24/7 faculty support from Shariah experts.
Islamic Finance e-Library.
|Courses to Study||13 courses & a Project in Islamic finance.|
|Study Requirements||10 – 12 hours of study in a week.|
|Final Assessment||Assignments [35%], final exam [55%] and project [10%].|
|Bonus||CIB and CIFE certifications on completion of Semester-I, and,
CTP and Master Diploma on completion of Semester II.
Eligibility & Fee
- Two years unlimited access to online study resources
- Interactive lectures, explaining complete Masters curriculum
- Comprehensive study e-manuals covering complete Masters curriculum
- 24/7 academic support by Islamic finance scholars
- Access to Islamic Finance e-Library
- 26 practice examinations as assignments
- Free examination attempt for each course
- CIB and CIFE free certifications on completion of Semester-I
- Free CTP certification and MDIF diploma on completion of Semester-II