ISO/IEC 27002 Manager
ISO/IEC 27002 Manager training course provides information on the implementation and management of information security controls based on ISO/IEC 27002.
Why should you attend?
ISO/IEC 27002 Manager enables participants to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to support an organization in selecting, implementing, and managing information security controls based on ISO/IEC 27002. The training course provides information that will help participants in gaining a thorough understanding of how information security risks can be treated by selecting relevant controls, especially in the context of an information security management system (ISMS).
A PECB ISO/IEC 27002 Manager certification will enable you to demonstrate your comprehensive knowledge in the implementation and management of information security controls based on industry best practices.
Who should attend?
This training course is intended for:
- Managers involved in the implementation of an information security management system (ISMS) based on ISO/IEC 27001
- IT professionals and consultants seeking to enhance their knowledge in information security
- Members of an ISMS implementation or information security team
- Individuals responsible for information security in an organization
By successfully completing this training course, you will be able to:
- Explain the fundamental concepts of information security, cyber-security, and privacy based on ISO/IEC 27002
- Discuss the relationship between ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002, and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Support an organization in effectively determining, implementing, and managing information security controls based on ISO/IEC 27002
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in the implementation and management of information security controls.
- Participants are encouraged to communicate and discuss with each other while partaking in exercises and quizzes.
- The structure of quizzes is similar to that of the certification exam.
The main requirements for participating in this training course are having a fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 27002 and comprehensive knowledge of information security.
- Day 1: Introduction to ISO/IEC 27002Day 2: Information assets, people controls, physical controls, and operational security controlsDay 3: Information security incident management and monitoring of information security controls and certification exam
- The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Manager” exam meets all the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). It covers the following competency domains:Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of information security, cybersecurity, and privacyDomain 2: Information security controls based on ISO/IEC 27002For specific information about exam type, languages available, and other details, please visit the List of PECB Exams and the Examination Rules and Policies.
- After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential.
Credential Exam Professional experience ISM experience Other requirements PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Provisional Manager PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Manager exam or equivalent None None Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Manager PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Manager exam or equivalent Two years: One year of work experience in Information Security Management Information Security Management activities: a total of 200 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics
The information security activities should follow best implementation and management practices and include the following:
- Drafting an ISMS implementation plan
- Managing an information security implementation project
- Implementing information security processes
- Selecting and implementing information security controls
For more information about ISO/IEC 27002 certifications and the PECB Certification process, please refer to Certification Rules and Policies.