ISO/IEC 27701 Foundation
Why should you attend?
The ISO/IEC 27701 Foundation training course is designed to help participants understand the basic concepts and principles of a Privacy Information Management System (PIMS) based on ISO/IEC 27701. Moreover, during this training course, students will learn more on the structure of the standard including its requirements, guidance and controls on the protection of the privacy of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) principals and the relationship of the standard with ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO/IEC 27002.
After completing this training course, you can sit for the exam and, if you successfully pass it, you can apply for the “PECB Certificate Holder in ISO/IEC 27701 Foundation” certificate. A PECB Foundation certificate proves that you have comprehended the fundamental methodologies, requirements, guidelines, framework and managerial approach.
Who should attend?
Individuals involved in information security and privacy managementIndividuals seeking to gain knowledge on the main processes of a privacy information management system
Individuals interested in pursuing a career in privacy information management
Individuals responsible for personally identifiable information (PII) within organizations
Information security team members
Understand the fundamental concepts and principles of a privacy information management system (PIMS) based on ISO/IEC 27701
Identify the relationship between ISO/IEC 27701, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002, and other standards and regulatory frameworks
Understand the approaches, standards, methods, and techniques used for the implementation and management of a PIMS
Lecture sessions are complemented by discussions questions and examples
The exercises include multiple-choice quizzes and essay-type exercises
Exercise questions and quizzes are similar to the certificate exam
How do I get started with ISO/IEC 27701 Foundation Training?
Interested in expanding your knowledge and advancing your skills on Information Security? PECB experts are here to ease the certification process and help you obtain PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27701 Credentials.
- Start by browse through training-course lists to find a course, time, and delivery method that best suits your needs
- Followed by adding a course to your cart, proceed to checkout, and make payment.
- Then we will send you a link to enroll in the course after we received your payment.
- Next, GIIBIC will assign the course materials onto your PECB KATE App (you need to download) system.
- You will be notified when the process is completed and advised you on how to get started
- After the training, go to PECB Exams app, and schedule your exams.
- Once you pass the exams, PECB will send you mail asking you to apply for certification.
- Day 1: Introduction to privacy information management system (PIMS) concepts as specified in ISO/IEC 27701Day 2: Privacy information management system (PIMS) and certificate exam
- The “PECB ISO/IEC 27701 Foundation” exam complies with the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP) requirements. The exam covers the following competency domains:Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of a privacy information management system (PIMS)Domain 2: Privacy information management system (PIMS)In case candidates fail the exam, they can retake it within twelve months following the initial exam for free.*Note: This applies only to candidates who have attended the training course.
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credential shown on the table below.
The certificate requirements for the ISO/IEC 27701 Foundation are:
Designation Exam Professional experience MS audit/assessment experience PIMMS project experience Other requirements PECB Certificate Holder in ISO/IEC 27701 Foundation Pass the PECB ISO/IEC 27701 Foundation exam None None None Signing the PECB Code of Ethics
Certificate and examination fees are included in the price of the training course
Participants will be provided with the training material containing over 200 pages of explanatory information, discussion topics, examples and exercises.
An attestation of course completion certificate of 14 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to the participants who have attended the training course.