ISO/IEC 27002 Lead Manager
The ISO/IEC 27002 Lead Manager training course enables participants to acquire a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the implementation and management of information security controls based on ISO/IEC 27002.
Why Should You Attend?
The ISO/IEC 27002 Lead Manager training course enables participants to develop the necessary knowledge and skills for supporting an organization in effectively determining, implementing, and managing information security controls. The training course provides information that will help participants interpret the ISO/IEC 27002 controls in the specific context of an organization.
The PECB ISO/IEC 27002 Lead Manager Certification demonstrates that you have acquired the necessary expertise for determining adequate information security controls needed to treat the risks identified by a risk assessment process.
The training course is followed by an exam. If you pass, you can apply for the “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Lead Manager” credential.
Who Should Attend?
This training course is intended for:
- Managers or consultants seeking to enhance their knowledge regarding the implementation of information security controls in an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Individuals responsible for maintaining information security, compliance, risk, or governance in an organization
- IT professionals or consultants seeking to enhance their knowledge in information security
- Members of an ISMS implementation or information security team
Upon successfully completing the training course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the fundamental concepts of information security, cybersecurity, and privacy based on ISO/IEC 27002
- Acknowledge the relationship between ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002, and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Interpret the ISO/IEC 27002 information security controls in the specific context of an organization
- Support an organization in effectively determining, implementing, and managing information security controls based on ISO/IEC 27002
- Explain the approaches and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of information security controls
- The training course integrates both theory and practice by guidance and practical examples for the implementation and management of information security controls.
- The training course contains essay-type exercises and multiple-choice quizzes, some of which are scenario-based.
- Participants are encouraged to communicate and discuss with each other while partaking in exercises and quizzes.
- The structure of quizzes is similar to that of the certification exam.
The main requirements for participating in this training course are having a fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 27002 and comprehensive knowledge of information security controls.
How do I get started with ISO/IEC 27003 Lead Manager Training?
Interested in expanding your knowledge and advancing your skills on Information Security? PECB experts are here to ease the certification process and help you obtain PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Credentials.
- Start by browse through training-course lists to find a course, time, and delivery method that best suits your needs
- Follow by adding a course to your cart, proceed to checkout, and make payment.
- Then we will send you a link to enroll in the course after we received your payment.
- Next, GIIICB will assign the course materials onto your PECB KATE App (you need to download) system.
- You will be notified when the process is completed and advised you on how to get started
- After the training, go to PECB Exams app, and schedule your exams.
- Once you pass the exams, PECB will send you mail asking you to apply for certification.
- Day 1: Introduction to ISO/IEC 27002Day 2: Information security roles and responsibilities, people controls, and physical controlsDay 3: Information security assets, access controls, and protection of information systems and networksDay 4: Information security incident management and testing and monitoring of information security controls based on ISO/IEC 27002Day 5: Certification exam
- The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Lead Manager” exam meets all the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). It covers the following competency domains:Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of information security, cybersecurity, and privacyDomain 2: Information security management system (ISMS) and initiation of ISO/IEC 27002 information security controls implementationDomain 3: Implementation and management of organizational and people controls based on ISO/IEC 27002Domain 4: Implementation and management of physical and technological controls based on ISO/IEC 27002Domain 5: Performance measurement, testing, and monitoring of ISO/IEC 27002 information security controls
- After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for one of the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you fulfill all the requirements of the selected credential.
Credential Exam Professional experience ISCMS project experience Other requirements PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Provisional Manager PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Lead Manager Exam, or equivalent None None Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Manager PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Lead Manager Exam, or equivalent Two years, of which at least one in information security management At least 200 hours of information security management activities Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Lead Manager PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Lead Manager exam or equivalent Five years: Two years of work experience in Information Security Management Information Security Management activities: a total of 300 hours Signing of the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Senior Lead Manager PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Lead Manager Exam or equivalent Ten years: Seven years of work experience in Information Security Management Information Security Management activities: a total of 1,000 hours Signing of the PECB Code of Ethics
The information security activities should follow best implementation and management practices and include the following:
- Drafting an ISMS implementation plan
- Managing an information security implementation project
- Implementing information security processes
- Selecting information security processes
- Implementing information security controls
For more information about ISO/IEC 27002 certifications and the PECB certification process, refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
- Certification and examination fees are included in the price of the training course
- Participants will be provided with training course materials containing over 450 pages of information, practical examples, exercises, and quizzes.
- An attestation of course completion worth 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to the participants who have attended the training course.
- Candidates who have completed the training course but failed the exam are eligible to retake it once for free within a 12-month period from the initial date of the exam.